Discussions about layouts and clubs in the Central Texas area. Post your layout photos and updates here!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Model Railroaders in Milam County are happy to announce the forming of the Milam County Model Railroad Club. The club will be stewards of three historic layouts in Rockdale and Cameron. Old Town Cameron is an HO gauge layout of Cameron in the 1940's built by John Johnson. It is housed in the Milam County Railroad Museum in the old JC Penny Building on the square in Cameron. Currently, the Old Town Rockdale layout (N gauge) built by Nolan Bland is undergoing restoration by the MCMRC and the Temple CentrAMOD club. It is temporarily being housed in the Milam County Railroad Museum until restoration is complete and a permanent home can be found in Rockdale. The third layout can be found in the Historic I&GN Depot in Rockdale. It is a multi-layered O gauge layout still being developed. The Rockdale Depot also features a Caboose and Dining Car. The two museums are working together to promote Milam County's railroad history and model railroading. We invite all of our Cen-Tex Division friends to visit us. You can go to http://www.mcrm-otc.org and http://www.rockdaledepot.com/depot.html to find out more. MCMRC currently has 14 members coming from all corners of Milam County. and we are growing!
- Cleaning up the Rockdale N gauge
- Keith Nunnemaker from Temple.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 735 times
- Old Town Cameron and Museum
- OTC panorama.jpg (6.8 MiB) Viewed 735 times
- Working on the Rockdale layout
- Jeremy Fletcher and Keith Nunnemaker from Temple.jpg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 735 times
- Milam Co. and Temple modelers working together.
- Camille Fletcher Les Davenport Jeremy Fletcher.jpg (2.72 MiB) Viewed 735 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest